Most damage to furniture occurs because of accidents and human negligence that takes place during the furniture delivery process. A professional moving service has specific guidelines and techniques to safeguard expensive valuables and antiques. In this article, you’ll learn about these techniques to give you a better understanding of the importance of hiring furniture delivery experts.
- They will treat every item as if it is your most valuable possession. When handling items, they are extremely careful.
- They will inspect each item before moving it to see if it is structurally sound. They will also look for any existing damage on every item before moving it and make a record of it.
- Professional movers think through every step of the furniture delivery process and plan ahead. They will walk and talk you through the whole process before actually handling any furniture. This helps to establish any trouble spots that may exist.
- A professional will also plan ahead to ensure the relative humidity and temperature are the same in the furniture’s new location as they are in its present location. This helps prevent items with veneers or other sensitive materials from becoming damaged in a sudden change of temperature.
- Furniture can be gouged, dented or scratched when it’s banged or bumped against other furniture, doorways and moving trucks. Every item is assessed individually without haste, and sufficient manpower is always present.
- A professional moving company will try not to move any valuable item or piece of furniture more than once, if possible. The inherent danger of extra movement can be avoided if the furniture delivery plan excludes multiple moves.
If you are in need of furniture delivery in Charlotte NC or would simply like more information, feel free to contact us at In & Out Moving & Delivery. From packing and moving your home to delivering your new furniture and rearranging your belongings, our movers are prepared to help you out. Call us today to request a free quote!