So, the big move is only 3 weeks away. Uh, wait – it’s now 8 weeks away! Having a delay can certainly complicate things. Perhaps the construction of your new home isn’t complete, or there’s a delay in starting that new job, or the previous owner isn’t able to vacate the property as scheduled due to a family emergency. Whatever the reason, here’s your chance to regroup. You’ve been preparing for moving day, so you’re ahead of the game!
What can you do with these extra weeks? How are you going to live out of semi-packed boxes? Well, here are some good ideas on how to deal with this stumbling block and use the lemons to make lemonade!
- Reschedule with the moving company.
- If you’ve arranged utility hookups, postpone them.
- If you’ve ordered blinds, furniture or other items from a store, tell them about the delay and schedule a new delivery date, or ask the moving company about storage.
- Shop! Cash in on discount sales to buy things you may need in your new home. This also helps to spread your expenses out.
- Organize a garage sale.
- Pack things properly and make an inventory.
- Read books or go online to learn about the area you’re moving to.
- If you haven’t yet found a job in your new area, this is a great time to start getting some interviews lined up.
If you’re looking for affordable movers in Charlotte, NC, contact us at In & Out Moving & Delivery. We are a family-owned and operated, fully licensed and insured moving company and we are dedicated to your satisfaction!