When you start tackling a sea of boxes, you need method in your unpacking madness. So, here are some tips to make the process easier, brought to you by the professional moving services at In & Out Moving & Delivery in Charlotte, NC. And remember, you don’t have to unpack everything right away. Do one room at a time.
- Kitchen – Start with the kitchen so you can make snacks to fuel your fire. Anything that you won’t need immediately can be set aside and unpacked later when you can gauge the set-up better.
- Bathrooms – Get your toiletries out and make sure the faucets, toilet, shower, etc. are operational. Things that you definitely need are soap, toilet paper and a shower curtain.
- Bedrooms – In the bedrooms, the moving services would have already placed the major pieces of furniture, so don’t sweat it if the rooms aren’t fully set up on the first night. Instead, have a family campout in the living room or backyard!
- Living Room – The living room is a project that should involve the efforts of everyone in the household. There will be electronics to hook up and lots of items to be placed. This is a good time to think ‘practicality’ about the wirings. For instance, your entertainment center should be in close proximity to the cable outlet. Another option is to ask the moving services about furniture assembly and arrangement – many local movers offer this service.
- Garage – Finally, the garage – a daunting task indeed! However, if you start by setting up hooks and shelves for the placement of yard supplies, tools, etc., you’ll curb the urge to make piles of stuff. We humans are, after all, hunter gatherers!