Have you been thinking about refreshing the look in your home? Are you tired of having your furniture in the same place that it has been for the past few years? Furniture rearrangement is an easy and inexpensive way to bring new energy into your space. Here are five things to consider that will help you get the most out of your next furniture rearrangement:
1. Look at the traffic patterns in the space you are rearranging. You want pathways to remain open that are well-used, so make sure to take that into consideration when planning where to place your furniture.
2. Measure each piece of furniture as well as the space. You don’t want to get excited about putting a sofa somewhere that it won’t actually fit! Pay attention to the size of your furniture pieces and how they feel in the room. You want to avoid having oversized furniture in a small space, as that will only make the space feel smaller.
3. Choose a focal point for the room, such as a fire place, the view from the windows, or a favorite painting. Plan your furniture rearrangement based on where that focal point is.
4. Use a free 3D modeling tool like “Homestyler,” “The Ikea Home Planner,” or “Better Homes and Gardens: Arrange-a-Room”. These tools are free to use. They can be really helpful in planning your room layout because you can rearrange your furniture as many times as you like to see what it looks like virtually before you have to actually lift a finger physically!
5. Speaking of lifting a finger, save your back by calling us to move your furniture for you. We have the muscle to move your things around, and you can just tell us where you want them. How’s that for easy?