A lot of the stress associated with moving can be eliminated by using the right people for the job. When choosing moving company services in Charlotte, it’s advisable to do some research before making a decision. Also ask friends and family for the names of companies they recommend. Once you have some potential candidates, get the following information:
- Will the company give you a pamphlet outlining the rights and responsibilities of the customer and the mover, as well as written material about the mover’s liability for damage or loss, additional costs associated with different levels of liability, limitations on liability, and any optional programs available?
- Is the company insured? If so, ask for the policy number and the insurance company’s name.
- Does the company have its own equipment, or will another company or a sub-contractor provide the service? If so, which company or contractor, and what is their record like? Ask for references.
- Who will provide the moving company services at the end of the move – for example, unpacking, storage, and claims settlement? Is it the original company, an affiliated company, or someone else?
- If your possessions are to be left in a moving truck overnight, will the truck be kept in a secure, safe facility?
- If storage is required, whose facilities will be used – the moving company or a third party? If possible, it would be a good idea to visit the company’s offices to see the vehicles and storage facilities before you move.
- Does the owner of the moving services company have workers’ compensation insurance? If not, you may be liable to pay for injuries sustained by crew members during the move.